My little monkey has been asleep for a couple of hours now and I just checked on him to say my final good-night and love you. And I realize that I will never get tired of watching him sleep. His sweet little face is relaxed and peaceful and perfect. He already has bed head because he moves around in his sleep so much and he still looks small in his crib even at 14 months. He's so animated and busy during the day and there's just something about seeing him sound asleep that just turns me into a ball of mushy mommy. When he was little I would just hold him while he was sleeping and there was nothing better. Now I am trying to be a good mommy and do what all of the mommy books say and put him in his crib while he is awake and let him put himself to sleep. He has gotten quite good at this which is great but I do miss those naps when I just held him the entire time. My arms would get stiff or hurt and at times my back would lock up, but I didn't want to put him down for anything. Now that he falls asleep in his crib like a big boy, I just sit next to his crib and watch his little face. (And yes, sometimes I am the nerotic mommy and still check on him to make sure he is breathing!!! I haven't gotten over that fear yet.) He doesn't have a care in the world and totally trusts that in the morning mommy will be there to get him up and start a new day. I just hope that he decides to start his day a little later than 5am!!!!
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aw, I miss holding him during naps, too...even when it was summer and it made me hot.
i say awww. and hey, i took that picture...remember?! i have it in iPhoto and see it frequently on my computer. we all love the one on the block though...except for seth. i think it hurts him that he's not a baby (well, infant) anymore. but he'll always be my little pumpkin.
I still enjoy hearing the breathing of my grown kids asleep; next time you are at my casa, remind me to show you a framed art print which Keri bought for me....with the sleeping moment sentiments. Tia C
Post a Comment